On October 6, 2009, a digital television forum was held at Hotel Alba Caracas, Caracas, Venezuela.
At the opening of the Forum, a memorandum of understanding for the implementation of digital television by the Japanese ISDB-T standard was signed by senior vice-minister for internal affairs and communications Masamitsu Naito, as special representative of the prime minister of Japan, and Venezuelan science, technology and intermediate industries minister Jesse Chacón. The signature ceremony was followed by addresses from the two signers, inspection of ISDB-T demonstrations and a seminar described bellow.
- “Digital broadcasting system of Venezuela and its contribution to science and technology of the nation”
(President of CENDIT Freddy Brito,)
- “Expectation for progress in information industry by digital broadcasting”
(Information and Communications Ministry,)
- “Free and interactive digital broadcasting”
(President of CNTI Carlos Figueira,)
- “Introduction to ISDB-T system”
(Deputy Director, Broadcasting Technology Division, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Japan, Yasushi Furukawa,)
- “Super Hi-Vision”
(Director-General, Engineering Administration Department, Japan Broadcasting Corporation, Takashi Yabashi,)
- “Brazilian system of digital TV broadcasting”
(Professor, Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, Aldo Espósito,)
Brazil and Japan exhibit ISDB-T demonstrations in conjunction with the seminar.