ISDB-T Official Web Site
Introduction of "ISDB-T"
Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting - Terrestrial (ISDB-T) is the most advanced international standard on Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting (DTTB) system originally developed in Japan. ISDB-T has been introduced in Japan since December 2003, and the number of the countries adopting ISDB-T is gradually increasing with the recognition of its technological advantage.
Countries adopting ISDB-T are as follows.
|Country||ISDB-T adopted||ISDB-T service started|
|2||Brazil||June 2006||December 2007|
|3||Peru||April 2009||March 30, 2010|
|4||Argentina||August 2009||April 28, 2010|
|6||Venezuela||October 2009||June 2011|
|8||Costa Rica||May 2010||May 1, 2014|
|9||Paraguay||June 2010||August 15, 2011|
November 2013 (reassertion)
|11||Bolivia||July 2010||September 2011|
|13||Maldives||October 2011 (national broadcasting)
April 2014 (decided as national standard)
|14||Botswana||February 2013||July 29, 2013|
|17||Sri Lanka||May 2014|
The features of introduction of ISDB-T
- It is available to broadcast simultaneously HDTV and "One-seg" programs. "One-Seg" is the name of a broadcasting service for handheld receivers such as cellular phones.
- ISDB-T has a flexibility for building the DTTB system up. Therefore, it is able to customize as you like.
- ISDB-T has a potential of creation of new services for telecommunication carriers and broadcasters. One-Seg is a very good example. In addition, creation of new services will accelerate to revitalization the economy.
- May 15, 2015
- DiBEG Got ITU-AJ Award
The 47th Celebration for World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD) was held by the ITU Association of Japan (ITU-AJ President: Mr. Michiaki Ogasawara) at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Tokyo on May 15. ...
- Apr 30, 2015
- DiBEG's Support for developing each adopting country's standards
DiBEG has been extending its support to the ISDB-T adopting countries for developing their own ISDB-T standards.
- Mar 10, 2015
- BOCRA issued "ISDB-T Standards of Botswana" (BOCRA website)
"ISDB-T Standards of Botswana", which DiBEG has supported for its drafting, was approved by BOCRA (Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority).
- Mar 10, 2015
- Visit of Atty. Cordova, NTC Commissioner, to ARIB
On March 10, 2015, Attorney G. A. Cordova, Commissioner, National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) of the Republic of the Philippines, visited the office of ARIB together with 5 other executive members, including Mr. A. N. Blanco, Chief of Broadcast Services Division. The NTC mission had a meeting with DiBEG members on the ISDB-T implementation. ...
- Jan 27, 2015
- ISDB-T Seminar in Cebu
DiBEG held the "ISDB-T Seminar in Cebu" at a hotel in Cebu. DiBEG organized this seminar in Cebu, followings its past two seminars on the ISDB-T Standards in Metro Manila in January and March last year, this time targeting the engineering people in the broadcast industry especially in the southern parts of the Philippines including Cebu. ...
- Nov 19-21, 2014
- Participation in the InterBEE2014
The InterBEE (International Broadcast Equipment and Exhibition) 2014 was held from November 19 through 21st at the Makuhari Messe in Japan, where ARIB/DiBEG participated in the exhibition for the first time for promotional activities. ...
- Oct 26, 2014
- Seminar on ISDB-T international activity in Peru and Costa Rica
Seminar on ISDB-T international activity was held on 26 October at ARIB meeting room with 50 participants. ...
- Sep 10-11, 2014
- Digital TV Forum held in Costa Rica
On September 10 and 11 there was a digital TV forum "Foro de Televisión Digital: una señal para todos" held in San Jose, Costa Rica, hosted by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Japan (MIC) and Ministerio de Ciencia, Tecnología y Telecomunicaciones (MICITT). ...
- Sep 3, 2014
- Seminar on ISDB-T International Activities in Uruguay
A seminar on ISDB-T International Activities was held on September 3rd, 2014 at ARIB. ...
- Aug 24-27, 2014
- SET EXPO 2014 in Brazil
On August 24-27, 2014, Brazilian Society of Television Engineering (SET) held its exhibition and conference as "SET EXPO 2014" at Expo Center Norte in Sao Paulo, Brazil. ...