ISDB-T Official Web Site
Introduction of "ISDB-T"
Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting - Terrestrial (ISDB-T) is the most advanced international standard on Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting (DTTB) system originally developed in Japan. ISDB-T has been introduced in Japan since December 2003, and the number of the countries adopting ISDB-T is gradually increasing with the recognition of its technological advantage.
Countries adopting ISDB-T are as follows.
|Country||ISDB-T adopted||ISDB-T service started|
|2||Brazil||June 2006||December 2007|
|3||Peru||April 2009||March 30, 2010|
|4||Argentina||August 2009||April 28, 2010|
|6||Venezuela||October 2009||June 2011|
|8||Costa Rica||May 2010||May 1, 2014|
|9||Paraguay||June 2010||August 15, 2011|
November 2013 (reassertion)
|11||Bolivia||July 2010||September 2011|
|13||Maldives||October 2011 (national broadcasting)
April 2014 (decided as national standard)
|14||Botswana||February 2013||July 29, 2013|
|17||Sri Lanka||May 2014|
The features of introduction of ISDB-T
- It is available to broadcast simultaneously HDTV and "One-seg" programs. "One-Seg" is the name of a broadcasting service for handheld receivers such as cellular phones.
- ISDB-T has a flexibility for building the DTTB system up. Therefore, it is able to customize as you like.
- ISDB-T has a potential of creation of new services for telecommunication carriers and broadcasters. One-Seg is a very good example. In addition, creation of new services will accelerate to revitalization the economy.
- Sep 8-9, 2016
- The 2nd International Forum on Digital Terrestrial TV Held in Honduras
The 2nd International Forum on Digital Terrestrial Television was held in Tegucigalpa, Honduras on September 8 and 9, 2016. ...
- Sep 1, 2016
- The 2nd Regular ARIB/DiBEG – SBTVD Forum Meeting Held
ARIB/DiBEG and SBTVD Forum have been collaborating in the promotion of ISDB-T in Latin America. Starting this past April, to further enhance the collaborative activities the two entities decided to have regular meeting sessions roughly every 6 months, and at the SET EXPO 2016 opportunity the 2nd regular meeting was held on September 1 in Sao Paulo. ...
- Aug 29, 2016
- Technical Harmonization Meeting of ISDB-T International Forum Held in Sao Paulo
Taking the opportunity of the SET EXPO 2016 in Sao Paulo, on August 29 the Technical Harmonization Meeting of the ISDB-T International Forum was held, where the ISDB-T adopting countries exchanged technical views and opinions. ...
- Aug 29 - Sep 1, 2016
- ARIB/DiBEG got Two Awards at the SET EXPO 2016
The SET EXPO 2016, comprising the exhibition of TV technology-related equipment and solutions as well as symposiums and conferences, was held in Sao Paulo, Brazil from August 29 through September 1, 2016. ...
- Jul 8, 2016
- The 4th Japan-Botswana JWG Meeting Held in Tokyo
The 4th Japan-Botswana Joint Working Group Meeting was held at the headquarters of Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC) in Tokyo on July 8, 2016. ...
- May 17, 2016
- DiBEG Task Force and Adviser to DiBEG got ITU-AJ Awards
The 48th Celebration for World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD) was held by the ITU Association of Japan (ITU-AJ President: Mr. Michiaki Ogasawara) at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Tokyo on May 17. ...
- Apr 19, 2016
- Meeting with Brazilian SBTVD Forum Held in Las Vegas
DiBEG (Digital Broadcasting Experts Group) has been promoting ISDB-T internationally, by providing information or extending technical assistance and cooperation on ISDB-T to those countries in need of such services. ...
- Mar 13, 2016
- First ISDB-T Seminar in Maldives
The first ISDB-T Seminar in Maldives was held on Bandos Island on Sunday March 13, 2016, jointly organized by the Maldivian Ministry of Home Affairs and the Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC). ...
- Jan 14-15, 2016
- International Seminar on Digital Terrestrial TV and ICT Held in Peru
The International Seminar on Digital Terrestrial TV and ICT (Information and Communication Technology) was held on January 14 and 15, 2016, in Lima, Peru, organized by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Japan (MIC) and the Ministry of Transport and Communications of Peru, intending to further solidify mutual relationships in the field of ICT. ...