ISDB-T Official Web Site
Introduction of "ISDB-T"
Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting - Terrestrial (ISDB-T) is the most advanced international standard on Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting (DTTB) system originally developed in Japan. ISDB-T has been introduced in Japan since December 2003, and the number of the countries adopting ISDB-T is gradually increasing with the recognition of its technological advantage.
Countries adopting ISDB-T are as follows.
|Country||ISDB-T adopted||ISDB-T service started|
|2||Brazil||June 2006||December 2007|
|3||Peru||April 2009||March 30, 2010|
|4||Argentina||August 2009||April 28, 2010|
|6||Venezuela||October 2009||June 2011|
|8||Costa Rica||May 2010||May 1, 2014|
|9||Paraguay||June 2010||August 15, 2011|
November 2013 (reassertion)
|13||Maldive Islands||October 2011 (national broadcasting)
April 2014 (decided as national standard)
|14||Botswana||February 2013||July 29, 2013|
|17||Sri Lanka||May 2014|
The features of introduction of ISDB-T
- It is available to broadcast simultaneously HDTV and "One-seg" programs. "One-Seg" is the name of a broadcasting service for handheld receivers such as cellular phones.
- ISDB-T has a flexibility for building the DTTB system up. Therefore, it is able to customize as you like.
- ISDB-T has a potential of creation of new services for telecommunication carriers and broadcasters. One-Seg is a very good example. In addition, creation of new services will accelerate to revitalization the economy.
- May 20, 2014
- Sri Lanka’s Decision to adopt ISDB-T
On Tuesday May 20, Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications remarked on the adoption of ISDB-T, the Japanese digital terrestrial TV standard, by Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka. ...
- May 1, 2014
- ISDB-T Broadcasting Officially Started in Costa Rica
On May 1, 2014 Sistema Nacional de Radio y Televisión, the national broadcasting organization of Costa Rica, officially started its digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting services, using the ISDB-T standard. ...
- April 28-29, 2014
- ISDB-T Business Seminar in Ecuador
On April 28 and 29 there was the captioned seminar held in Quito, Ecuador hosted by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Japan and the Ecuadorian Ministerio de Telecomunicaciones y Sociedad de la Información (Mintel), etc. The Japanese delegation to this Seminar included Ms. Yoko Kamikawa, State Secretary for Internal Affairs and Communications and approximately 50 company representatives. Ing. Jaime Guerrero Ruiz, Minister of MINTEL, headed the Ecuadorian participants; and more than 300 people attended the Seminar each day. ...
- April 15, 2014
- Maldives’ Decision to Adopt ISDB-T
On April 15 at the Japan – Maldives summit meeting, Mr. Abdulla YAMEEN Abdul Gayoom, President of the Republic of Maldives, in his official visit to Japan, transferred their decision to Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, to adopt the Japanese digital terrestrial TV standard, ISDB-T, as his country’s standard, according to the announcement by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. ...
- Mar 3, 2014
- 2nd Engineering Seminar on ISDB-T Standards in Philippines
On March 3, 2014 in Quezon City, Metro Manila, DiBEG held the "2nd Engineering Seminar on ISDB-T Standards" at Luxent Hotel. Japanese experts on ISDB-T showed their knowledge and information on the standards of ISDB-T broadcasting system. ...
- Jan 15, 2014
- Engineering Seminar on ISDB-T Standards in Philippines
On January 15, 2014 in Manila, DiBEG held the "Engineering Seminar on ISDB-T Standards" at Edsa Shangri-La Hotel. Japanese experts on ISDB-T showed their knowledge and information on the standards of ISDB-T broadcasting system. ...